holzöl Floor-Oils are formulated on a blend of natural oils in combination with urethane for use on all types of solid and engineered flooring.
holzöl Floor-Oil is a natural oil/hybrid resins blend designed to achieve a tough floor finish and enhance grain definition. Water & dirt repellent, soft to the touch yet supremely durable. Suitable for all domestic and commercial floors. An anti-slip Floor-Oil, is also available.
Drying Time: 3 – 4 hours for clears, 4 -6 hours for tinted/pigmented oils.
Recoat Time: 3 – 4 hours for clears, 4 -6 hours for tinted/pigmented oils.
These times are dependant amounts applied, the absorbency of the wooden substrate and application conditions.
White Spirit should be used for cleaning equipment.
Approximately 12– 24 m2 per 1 litre dependent upon the application method and absorbency and surface quality of the timber being coated
The surface of the timber to be coated should be clean dry and free from oils, greases, waxes, silicones, old finishes etc.
- Apply an even film of holzöl Floor-Oil with a brush, Roller or rag over the surface of the timber. With some exotic timbers, the first coat can be thinned (See Mixing Guidelines).
- Allow to dry for 6-8 hours, then lightly abrade with 220/240 silicone carbide abrasive.
- Apply a second coat of holzöl Floor-Oil and allow 3 – 4 hours to dry.
- Allow 12 hours to completely dry.
Using these products in systems outside these guidelines can lead to immediate and latent problems with the integrity of the finish.
- The use of good quality entrance mats and furniture pads are recommended to avoid damage to the finish.
- Surfaces should be swept or vacuumed regularly to avoid dust and grit build up as this would be abrasive to the surface and before routine maintenance.
- Pets can also traffic grit and dirt on to a floor. Pets claws should trimmed regularly to reduce scratches/indentation to the finish.
- The finish should be left for a minimum of 14 days before “wet cleaning”.
- To re-vitalise the appearance of flooring damaged by scratch and scuff marks, first ensure the floor is cleaned and buffed dry then holzöl Floor-Oil can be applied by pad across the surface, this can be buffed with an oil cloth.
- If the floor is finished with either wood colour or pigmented colour worn areas should be refinished prior to applying a fresh coat of clear holzöl Floor-Oil.