holzöl Weather-Oil is a high opacity micro-porous range of coloured oils designed for exterior weather protection.
Can be used both internally and externally.
holzöl Weather-Oil is a high opacity micro-porous range of coloured oils designed for exterior weather protection. Suitable for timber cladding, doors & windows, conservatories, and garden furniture. Also available is holzol Weather-Oil Clear UV for completely natural finishing.
Recoat Time: 10 – 12 hours
Drying Time: 10 – 12 hours
Approximately 12 – 26m² per litre depending upon the application method, absorbency and surface quality of the timber being coated.
- The surfaces of the timber to be coated should be clean, dry and free from oils, greases, waxes, silicones, old finishes etc.
- Apply an even film of holzöl Weather-Oil by brush or roller over the surface.
- Allow 10-12 hours to dry, then lightly abrade with 220/240 silicon carbide abrasive.
- Apply a second coat of holzöl Weather-Oil, as above.
- For added protection, finish with a coat of holzöl Weather-Oil Clear UV.
Using these products in systems outside these guidelines can lead to immediate and latent problems with the integrity of the finish.
The holzöl Weather-Oil should be maintained using a clean, lightly damped cloth.
If the finish becomes “tired” looking or damaged, abrade with 240/320 silicon carbide abrasive and apply a further coat of holzöl Weather-Oil.